Depending on course content, E-Learning courses are delivered in one, two or three parts. Courses that only involve cognitive learning can be completed online in one part.
For courses that contain psycho motor skills such as CPR, students must complete an in-person “skills session” in addition to online learning. A skills session is comprised of Part 2, skills practice, and Part 3, skills testing.
This three-part delivery effectively blends cognitive learning with skills training. Students are not able to experience the delivery of physical skills from a PC, so e Learning is only as effective as the skills training provided.
For successful course completion, AHA requires that e Learning courses with psychomotor skills include:
- Part 1: online cognitive lessons—anytime and anywhere with computer access
- Part 2: hands-on skills practice
- Part 3: hands-on skills testing
No matter the format, all online courses begin with a key. A key is a 12–digit alphanumeric code that is used to access purchased courses. A key may be purchased directly by individuals, or Training Centers and employers may purchase and distribute keys to the students who will complete training.
Using a Key for Course Access
- Complete the OnlineAHA website registration which will be emailed to you upon purchase of the key code. http://creativeinservices.myonlineaha.org
- Once registered, students go to their personalized “My Courses” page.
- On the My Courses page students can:
- purchase a course key
- activate a key
- start a course
- browse course catalog and demos
- apply for applicable continuing education (CE) credit
- print course Certificates of Completion
About Skills Sessions, Parts 2 & 3
A skills session is the hands-on portion of an AHA e Learning course and includes Parts 2 and 3 — skills practice and testing. It is conducted in-person after a student completes Part 1 online.
Skills sessions are conducted by AHA BLS Instructors.
Skills sessions are included with the purchase of an online (Part 1) course key if you purchase them through Creative Inservices.
**If you have already purchased your key code through the AHA, you can schedule and purchase a skills session from Creative Inservices, an authorized AHA training center.
For admission into a skills session, students must present their Part 1 Certificate of Completion to the AHA Instructor™.
Students — Print your Certificate
After you complete an OnlineAHA.org course you can print your certificate.
- Log in to your OnlineAHA.org account
- Click My Courses
- Select Print Certificate under your Completed Courses